CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Snow and Snow Cones!!!

We got our first snow fall yesterday. I'm totally NOT a snow person but seeing the joy on my sons face makes me a snow person. I love making him happy so we've been outside alot in the past 2 days! He's so into eating the snow and his little hands can't fit into the big kids gloves yet so I took a plastic toy of his and turned it into a snow cone holder for him.

See he's holding his snow cone while dodging a snowball from dad!

It's my sons first snow angel of the year!

We could only stand the cold long enough to make the butt of the snow man. haha!

We came inside and warmed up by eating more snow!

Then I had a fabulous idea of turning our snow cone into a colorful snowcone!! My son and I used food coloring and simple syrup and had fun decorating.

We even decorated our tongues!!


The simple syrup that I used to flavor the snow is a really quick and easy recipe. I used 2 cups sugar to 3/4 cups water. I brought that to a quick boil. Next I added my favorite flavor packet of koolaid gave it a stir and poured it into a heat safe jar. Sugar is really hot and takes awhile to cool down. It tastes so yummy on shaved ice or even your first fresh fallen snow. Yumm-O!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment